|CFM based on hydrated cellulose fibers|
CARBON FIBROUS MATERIALS UVIS®
Based on hydrocellulose fibres
UVIS® material has the following characteristics:
UVIS® materials have a long-life performance and possibility of repeated regeneration. The technology of reception is ecologically safe because of absence of sewage and because of exhaust gas cleaning. An industrial-scale production of materials is available; they all have hygienic certificates of the quality, the registered trade marks and are patented in the Russian Federation.
UVIS materials are produced in a in the form of threads, plaits, fabrics, grids, and nonwoven fabrics
Sorption-active carbon fibrous materials UVIS-AC®
Various kind of materials are issued:
The carbon content - more than 85 %
Materials UVIS-AС® are applied for:
CARBON NONWOVEN FIBROUS MATERIAL
Air permeability, l/m2s
Fine cleaning of the air-gas medium from mechanical particles of 5 and more microns at operation temperature on air up to 450оС, and in inert or regenerative atmosphere up to 3000оС. It is applied also to manufacturing of heat-shielding screens in an iron and steel industry, for acid lining high-temperature furnaces etc.
THE BASIC ADVANTAGES OF MATERIALS UVIS
In comparison with metal grids
- Ability to catch mechanical particles of 5 and more microns
- An invariance of properties in a temperature of operation up to 450оС
- Regeneration possibility at mechanical or electric way
- Considerably smaller weight (relative density - 1,4 g/sm3)
- Chemical firmness to the aggressive gases which are in the filtered air-gas medium
GALVANOCHEMICAL STORAGES OF ELECTRIC ENERGY
Galvanochemical storages of electric energy are issued with electrodes from activated carbon fabric UVIS-AC with voltage12V and 24V and are an effective remedy for start of automobile engines and diesel units of any capacity, especially at low temperatures (up to-50oC). Storages can be applied as independently and together with accumulators. High values of specific energy of traction electrochemical stores, the big resource and possibility of their fast charge allowe to create the pooling blocks used as a unique energy source for electro buses, electro mobiles etc.
- Electric capacity up to 1000000 F
- Specific capacity up to 3 kW/kg
- Reserved energy to 12 Vt•h/kg
- Recharging time from 0,5 till 15 minutes
- Internal resistance from 0,1 to 0,6 mOhm
- A range of working temperatures from-50°C to +50°С
Resource more than 10 thousand cycles a charge-category
- Use in practice of domestic water supply – on the basis of results spent organoleptical sanitary-chemical, sanitary-bacteriological and express toxicological researches carbon fibrous sorption-active material UVIS-AC is recommended for improvement of quality of water in practice of domestic-drinking water supply
- Use as sorbents for means of an individual defence of respiratory organs – by results of tests the conclusion that the material UVIS-AC-T on physical, mechanical and sorption properties corresponds to the requirements shown to sorbents, used in individual defence means is drawn.
- Use for processing of aqueous-alcoholic solutions in alcoholic manufacture. The research of quality of vodka developed with application of a sorbent have shown full conformity of all investigated indicators to requirements of the operating specifications and technical documentation. Adsorption activity on iodine for a sorbent of mark UVIS-AC makes 160%, and for activated coal BAY-60 of %. High sorption properties of a sorbent allow to use it without regeneration within 3-4 years, unlike one year term for BAY coal. Sorbent use 3 times cheaper, than the activated coal.
Packing gland stuffing
On the basis of carbon graphitize threads of type UVIS® make packing gland stuffings and cords.
Packing gland stuffing provide to a product:
- High tightness throughout the long period of operation of the equipment
- Stability: to influence of the concentrated acids, alkalis, organic solvents, oil and mineral oil (рН 0-14); in the oxygen-free medium to 3000оС; in oxygen-containing medium to 450оС; to high pressures (up to 300 bar); to electromagnetic, nuclear and space radiations
- The minimum force of a friction in a zone of contact to condensed mobile details (district speed to 30 m/s)
- Stability of shape at operation (rigidity against crumbling)
- Nontoxicity (dry stuffings are applied in the consolidations working in contact to potable water, foodstuff and especially pure environments)
For expansion sphere of packing gland stuffing application it is possible to manufacturing it from a mix of carbon and any other types of natural and chemical fibres (UVIS, NTS, OXALON).
Technical characteristics depend on packing gland stuffing operating conditions.
Kind of Stuffing
Limiting working temperature, °С
Limiting working pressure, Mpa
Stuffing from the UVIS threads
Water, steam, the concentrated acids and alkalis mineral oil
The combined stuffing from UVIS and OXALON threads
Water, steam, acids and alkalis, mineral oil
Stuffing from the OXALON threads
Water, steam, the diluted acids
Stuffing from threads NTS
Materials are used in rotating knots and for static seal in valving in chemical, food-processing industry and domestic water supply. Researches and comparative industrial tests of stuffings from carbon fibres have shown that their durability and chemoresistance in 2-3 times above, than at traditional (asbestos). Application of offered stuffings allow to increase reliability of seals for decreasing encapsulating leaking and thermal burden of the friction knot.